Main information about Cymbalta
Cymbalta is one of the “poorest” antidepressants on the pharmaceutical market. According to recent medical studies, a composition of Cymbalta meets all international requirements of WHO and FDA. A safety of this antidepressant is proved during many studies including during the comparison with other drugs for the treatment of the depression and anxious disorders.
Cymbalta contains an active ingredient Duloxetine. This is an antidepressant of the new generation which acts to the receptors of serotonin and noradrenaline. When serotonin level is increased, there is an improvement of the emotional state of a patient: anxiety disappears, mood is improved, a desire to interact with the outer world appears, insomnia is gone, and a general physical state is improved.
The increased level of noradrenaline improves a psychological activity and cognitive functions which are responsible to make quick decisions.
Cymbalta is good in the treatment of the neurological disorders (which are associated with depression) especially in the treatment of the neuropathic pain.
Despite a high efficiency and safety of Cymbalta, this antidepressant has a narrow action and can be used only for the treatment of depression (any severity), anxious depression and neuropathic pain. The use of Cymbalta is pointless during severe depressive disorders or other psychological diseases.
Use and dosage of Cymbalta
To treat depression it is recommended to take a pill of Cymbalta 60 mg once per day. A therapeutic effect is slowly developed, and therefore an efficiency of the treatment may be analyzed in 3-4 weeks.
The pills of Cymbalta 60 mg should be swallowed entirely and with a full glass of water. Do not break, or chew the pills.
An estimation of the efficiency of Cymbalta is made in 4 weeks after the beginning of the treatment. If the treatment efficiency is lower than the expected results, the daily dose of Cymbalta is increased by 2 times. The maximal daily dose of Cymbalta is 120 mg (1 pill of Cymbalta 60 mg in the morning and 1 pill of Cymbalta 60 mg in the evening).
The depression treatment usually lasts for 4 to 6 months but your physician may prolong the period of taking Cymbalta, if all symptoms of the psychological disorder has not been reduced during this period.
Recommendations for the use
- Begin the treatment from the minimal daily dose of Cymbalta 60 mg even during severe forms of the depression
- The treatment should be stopped gradually. A sudden termination of Cymbalta may cause an acute condition of the depression symptoms and cause a long recovery period
- If you have liver pathologies, hypertension, glaucoma or cardiovascular diseases, consult a doctor before using Cymbalta
- Do not take Cymbalta, if you are taking MAO inhibitors. You can take Cymbalta or other antidepressants only in 14 days after the end of the therapy with MAO inhibitors
- Avoid alcohol or other ingredients inhibiting the central nervous system consumption during the treatment
The side effects of Cymbalta are seldom. The treatment often goes without side effects. Only in some cases, the use of Cymbalta may be accompanied by some negative reactions: dizziness, sleep disorder, tremor, weakness, blurred vision, dry mouth, nausea, low libido, and absence of orgasm.