Main information about Zithromax
Zithromax is an antibacterial medicine which provides an effective antimicrobial action to the most originators of the infections. It is well spread through the liquids and tissues in the body, and acts to the intracellular and extracellular bacteria. In spite of the high antimicrobial activity, Zithromax is well tolerated and seldom provides a side effect to the body.
The main active ingredient of Zithromax is Azithromycin. This ingredient is effective during acute infections and chronic inflammatory processes of the infectious origin.
Zithromax is an antibiotic of the broad spectrum action by means of its specific influence on bacteria. In low doses, Azithromycin provides a bacteriostatic action and prevent a division of the new cells of bacteria. In high doses, this ingredient provides a bactericidal action and completely kills a pathogenic microflora which causes inflammatory/infectious processes.
Zithromax is recommended for the use at home, and it tells about its high level of the pharmacological safety. The use of the drug does not need a bedrest, and the treatment usually takes one week.
Zithromax may be used during any forms of the infectious diseases of any site:
- Infections of the respiratory system
- Infections of the ear, nose and throat
- Infections of the kidneys and urinary tract
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Infectious inflammation of the bones, joints, brain
- purulent infections of the skin, soft tissues and mucous membranes.
- Diseases of the stomach and bowel, associated with h. pylori
Use and dose of Zithromax
A type of the pathogenic microflora influences on the course of the disease and a choice of the daily dose of Zithromax. That is why, before beginning the treatment, it is necessary to take tests of the blood and urine to determine an originator of the infection. According to the results of the tests, a doctor will choose an optimal dose of Zithromax.
If you do not have an opportunity to detect an originator of the infection, you can take Zithromax according to the following scheme of the treatment:
- If infections of the airway tracts, patients over 12 years old should take one pill of Zithromax 500 mg per day within 3-6 days
- If the gastric ulcer associated to Helicobacter pylori, it is necessary to take Zithromax 1000 mg per day within 3 days in the combined therapy
- If infections of the kidneys or urinary tracts, Zithromax 500 mg is used once per day within 3-5 days
- Children under 12 years old are prescribed the dose of Zithromax according to the scheme 10 mg per 1 kg of the body weight per day
Recommendations for the use
- If renal or hepatic failure, the use of Zithromax may be contraindicated, go to a doctor
- Take Zithromax one hour before meals, or in 2 hours after meals. Food and alcohol worsen the uptake of Azithromycin
- If the body weight of a child is less than 30 kg, Zithromax is not recommended
Using Zithromaxmay cause some side effects: change in taste, dry mouth, decreased appetite, headache, somnolence. This is a normal reaction to the action of the antibiotic and the side effects completely disappear after the end of taking Zithromax.