Main information about Priligy
Priligy is a brand name of Dapoxetine. This medicine has been approved by FDA for the treatment of the premature ejaculation and is the only effective product to increase a length of the sexual intercourse today.
A mechanism of the ejaculation is regulated mainly by the sympathetic nervous system. The nerve endings innervate a spermatic flow and a prostatic gland and cause their constriction to achieve ejaculation. Priligy slows down biological reflexes and a process of coming ejaculation. It happens by means of the serotonin reuptake inhibition and increased influence of this neurotransmitter to the receptors of the central nervous system.
Priligy provides a double influence on the body:
- Slowing the natural biochemical processes and postponing a moment of the ejaculation
- Reduction of the psychological discomfort during the sexual intercourse: it reduces a fear to fail, improves mood, helps to relax and overcome a poor confidence
The action of Priligy works only when Dapoxetine actively acts in the blood plasma. As soon as the active ingredient begins to be excreted from the body, a therapeutic effect is decreased. On the average, the action of Priligy lasts for 8 to 10 hours depending on the individual peculiarities of the male body.
This drug cannot cure of the premature ejaculation because it does not neutralize a cause of this pathology, but acts only to the disease symptoms.
Use and dose of Priligy
In order to enhance the length of the sexual intercourse, Priligy should be used 1-2 hours before beginning of the sexual activity. Usually, an active ingredient Dapoxetine has a high concentration in the blood plasma in an hour but the uptake of the drug may be slow if the pills are used after meals.
A One-time therapeutic dose of Priligy is 30 mg. This is a minimal daily dose which works for men who have never taken this drug before. If you have already used this medicine and did not have any side effects, you can take Priligy 60 mg.
Priligy 60 mg is the maximal daily dose which may be used with the interval of 24 hours. Every pill is taken with enough water and swallowed entirely. Do not break or chew the pill.
Recommendations for the use
- Priligy may be used by men at the age of 18 to 65 years old. The influence of this drug to young or senior men is unknown
- The use of Priligy is contraindicated during : severe heart/kidney/liver diseases, orthostatic hypotension, mania or bipolar disorder, taking MAO inhibitors.
- If you are taking Priligy, do not consume alcohol because a load to the central nervous system grows
The side effects of Priligy which appear seldom and do not give an intense action to the body are recorded during the medical studies. The use of Priligy is often accompanied by such reactions asblurred vision, tinnitus, anxiety, flushing, nausea, and weakness. A complete absence of ejaculation may happen during the overdose.